Bergen aan Zee has a beautiful beach of about three kilometers. It is surrounded by nature with on the north side the Schoorl Dunes and at the south side, the northern Dutch Dune Reserve. The sandy beach is quite flat and it doesn’t run down steeply in the sea either.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Bergen aan Zee will offer you peace and quietness. The beaches, with showers to rinse of the salt seawater, will be cleaned everyday. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Bergen aan Zee will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and parking places. Then there are the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the many cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks and snacks or lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Dogs at the beach
The beaches of Bergen aan Zee be an attractive environment for recreation, for both humans and dogs. And what could be better than a walk on the beach with your dog. In the summer season, dogs, either loose or on a leash, not on all the beaches of the Belgian coast welcome.
• Summer (01 May – 01 October): Only dogs on leads are permitted on recreational beaches between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m – they are not permitted at all on sunbathing beaches between these times.
• Summer (01 May – 01 October): Dogs are only allowed off their leads on recreational and sunbathing beaches before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
• Winter (01 October – 01 May): Dogs are allowed off their leads on all beaches.
Please read the information boards carefully, which are at each beach (entrance). More information: http://bergenaanzee.org/pdf/1304_strandregels.pdf
Below is an overview of the beaches of Bergen aan Zee
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.
- You can download here the beach brochure of Bergen aan Zee.